TotalSDS is seeking a talented Regulatory Compliance Specialist to join our terrific Professional Services team. This is a “work from anywhere” position, where your opinions and experience would be highly respected.
In this role, you would:
- Author Safety Data Sheets and product labels ranging in complexity using our authoring software.
- Use your scientific knowledge to create chemical ingredient profiles that comprise hazard classifications, toxicological and ecological data, workplace exposure limits, and regulatory status information.
- Analyze chemical compositions for final hazard classifications.
- Utilize critical thinking in finalizing SDS and label authoring.
- Work across multiple departments to support marketing and enhancement of our software products.
- Collaborate with fellow Regulatory Compliance Specialists and Operations Director on authoring projects, process improvement, quality management, etc.
- Participate in professional development activities such as webinars, trainings, conferences.
- Maintain open communication on project timelines.
- Perform regulatory research for client-specific questions and for internal departments.
- Perform regulatory reviews of SDSs and/or labels authored externally.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in science related field (preferably Safety, Environmental, Chemistry, or Biology) or equivalent experience (in Environmental Safety/Chemicals or Safety Data Sheets).
- Strong knowledge and experience with the GHS.
- Advanced knowledge of authoring regulations for specific jurisdictions (i.e., EU CLP and REACH, US OSHA, Canada WHMIS, Japan JIS, Australia WHS, etc.) preferred.
- Working knowledge of at least one dangerous goods transportation regulations (i.e., DOT, IMDG, IATA, etc.). Certification in multi-modal transport preferred.
- Experience in hazard classification of Substances and Mixtures.
- Proficiency in SDS authoring required.
Ideal Qualities for the Position
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and work as part of a team with a diverse range of people.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Suite)
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant regulations such as those for product safety, hazard communication, dangerous goods transportations.
- Experience with authoring software platforms, including TotalSDS’ Authoring platform, would be a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health, Vision, Dental
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
To apply, please submit resume and customized cover letter to Ted Teele ([email protected]).